Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
The Erasmus+ Program offers two categories of scholarships for participating in an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree program (EMJMD):
A) Scholarships for applicants and scholarship holders from Erasmus+ PARTNER countries (scholarships of “category A“) can be awarded to applicants who are residents of a Erasmus+PARTNER country.
B) Scholarships for scholarship holders from Erasmus+ PROGRAMME countries (scholarships of “category B“) can be awarded to applicants who are residents of an Erasmus+ PROGRAM countries.
Students fulfilling the eligibility criteria for both categories – e.g. students with a double nationality – must select the category of their choice. As a result, they are entitled to apply only to one of the two categories of scholarship at a time.
For both categories, the further eligibility criteria apply:
- Students who have already obtained a EMJMD scholarship or an Erasmus Mundus Master Course/Joint Doctorate scholarship are not eligible to apply for an additional scholarship under the EMJMD action.
- EMJMD scholarship holders cannot benefit from another EU funded scholarship scheme to follow the same EMJMD course and this for the entire period of the course.
- Students can apply for an EMJMD scholarship to any of the Erasmus+ Erasmus Mundus courses of their choice (EMJMD catalogue: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/library/emjmd-catalogue_en), but are limited to a maximum of three different joint programmes per academic year.
Amount of Scholarships
TISE is a four-semester (two-year) Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree program (EMJMD). Its mobility scheme includes mandatory mobility periods at all full partner institutions.
Therefore, the scholarship scheme for TISE is the following:
1) Contribution to participation costs
- for a scholarship holder from Erasmus+ PARTNER countries (“category A”): 6 750 € per year
- for a scholarship holder from Erasmus+ PROGRAMME countries (“category B”): 4 500 € per year. In addition to that, TISE consortium will apply a fee waiver for the remaining participation costs.
This means that, for both types of scholarship holders, the Erasmus Mundus scholarship covers all participation costs in TISE (13 500 € for the whole program/two years).
2) Contribution to travel and installation costs
The contribution to travel and installation costs takes into account the country of residence of the scholarship holder at the time of application to the EMJMD. (As a proof of residence, TISE Consortium may ask from applicants residence certificates and/or certificates regarding the applicant’s occupational or educational situation.)
- for a scholarship holder who is resident of an Erasmus+ PROGRAMME Country:
1 000 € travel costs per year
- for a scholarship holder who is resident of an Erasmus+ PARTNER Country whose location is less than 4 000 km away from the Higher Education Institution (HEI) coordinating the EMJMD (in the case of TISE, this is Danube University Krems, Austria): 2 000 € travel costs per year plus a one-time payment of 1 000 € installation costs at the beginning of the EMJMD
- for a scholarship holder who is resident of an Erasmus+ PARTNER Country whose location is more than 4 000 km away from the Higher Education Institution (HEI) coordinating the EMJMD (in the case of TISE, this is Danube University Krems, Austria): 3 000 € travel costs per year plus a one-time payment of 1 000 € installation costs at the beginning of the EMJMD
3) Contribution to subsistence costs (“monthly allowance”)
- for all scholarship holders: 1 000 € per month for the entire duration of the EMJMD study program (for TISE: at least until graduation; 24 months maximum)
- Notice: Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to scholarship holders for the EMJMD periods (study/research/internship placement/thesis preparation) spent in their country of residence, nor to scholarship holders from a Erasmus+ Partner Country for the EMJMD periods exceeding 3 months spent in any Erasmus+ Partner country.
All scholarship holders will receive an insurance meeting the minimum insurance requirements of the Erasmus+ program for EMJMD.
Following these regulations, special cases in TISE are:
- Students with a country of residency in Austria, Ireland, Poland or Portugal
Subsistence costs (monthly allowances) will not be paid for the periods (months) of the EMJMD periods (study/research/internship placement/thesis preparation) spent in the respective country of residence.
Example: A TISE student with Ireland as country of residency at the time of application to TISE program will not receive monthly allowances during the 2nd semester at University College Dublin. cf. section on mobility & specialisations.
For more information on eligibility and scholarships, cf. Erasmus+ Programme Guide in its most recent version, sections on EMJMD.